Monday, February 3, 2014

Jamaica-Day 3


After our good service to the locals, Angela, who is also the best cricket player in the area, challenged all who helped with repairs to a game of cricket. Now, I know what you might be thinking, “cricket why cricket?”. The answer to that is because cricket is Jamaica’s national sport. In college, we did occasionally play some cricket just to try it, but from what I remember, cricket is a mixture of baseball and croquet. We split the teams up as fairly as possible, thus putting Angela and I on opposite teams. During the game, Angela scored so many points against us that my team had to forfeit (so much for fair teams). After the game, we all settled next to a huge bonfire listening to some locals playing reggae which was most famously played by Bob Marley. After this relaxing evening, we all headed to a good nights sleep aching from the cricket game. This final country concludes my very exciting journey through some of Latin America’s most diverse and exotic places. I hope you all will take an adventure of your own someday to these exotic places.

No comments:

Post a Comment